Thursday, July 16, 2009

Xbox Live update

So this Monday there will be an update to the Xbox Live service on the Xbox 360. From the list of new additions and features I find myself quite excited. Here are the things I'm looking forward to the most:

Avatar Marketplace
Now I don't expect myself to buy ANYTHING from the store they're setting up but I like the fact that they're doing more with avatars. Hopefully this will lead into more game achievement freebies for our avatars.

User Ratings
I can see this being used by not many of the "casual gamers" out there. I will most likely use it though, this is probably due to my interest in rating games and such.

Xbox LIVE Parties
Even though they aren't changing how they work (and they shouldn't), I like the fact that they're just streamlining them more. I love Xbox Parties and hated how often me or my friends would randomly be dropped out of it so the fact that they're adding an automatic reconnect is great.

Video Display Options - Display Discovery
This is a GREAT idea. As someone who isn't exactly where he should be on TV resolution knowledge, I can relate to the guy who has even less. This will be a great new feature for anyone without the crazy level of knowledge needed for TVs today.

Gold Member Veterans
I always love more options to show off new profile additions. Though the downside is mine will be low since I haven't had my 360 as long as most people.

Achievement Browser & Achievements Tracking
Anything to do with 360 achievements is good with me.

So those are the main features I'm looking forward to, hopefully I can get into the update this Monday.

No comments: