Monday, August 23, 2010

Loot of the Week

This week was packed with games old and new!

Street Fighter 4
I constantly heard good things about this game and, though I'm no where near as competitive as the core audience for these games, I always wanted to play it. I have only put it on once so far and choose to turn on the anyone-can-jump-in-and-play-you-whenever feature which was a huge mistake since. I'm really bad at this game.

Bioshock 2
I am really enjoying this game, it feels great and the controls are smooth. I played through the first one far too long after it was out but did enjoy it. I'm only about four hours into this game so I am planning on wrapping that up soon.


X-Men Origins: Wolverine
This was a game I got in a three for $25 deal (along with Street Fighter 4 and Bioshock 2) and ran through it completely this week. I mainly picked it up after enjoying Singularity so much and wanting to try out some more from Raven Software. I love the references those guys put in their games. For the most part this game was great but it dragged on near the end.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
This was last week's XBLA release and the final item in Microsoft's Summer of Arcade '10. I ran through it completely in the local co-op with a friend and really enjoyed it. There are some, surprisingly, really good set pieces in that game. I do recommend it and I can't wait for the announced DLC.

Nintendo Points
I bought these to finally use on my DSi. I am hoping to pick up some DSiWare games before my plan trip to PAX this year. I'm currently looking at games like Divergent Shift and Chronos Twins. Hopefully I can find something good to occupy me. It's ridiculous that your points can't be used on both the Wii and the DSi.

No comments: