Monday, August 16, 2010

Loot of the Week

It's Sunday again (actually is 12:40 in the morning on Monday but that's close enough!) so let's talk about what I picked up this week.

Split/Second
This is a racing game that focuses heavily on blowing up and destroying the track you're competing on. What makes it so cool is just how many different ways there are to cause explosions and destroy the other competitors. One of my favorite moments was causing a dam to blow and crush four cars in front of me as I stole first place. I will say this though: the AI is mad cheap and can cause the latter half of the game to be a drag, this might be a rent (read some reviews!).

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #13
This is a series I enjoy quite a bit. It follows Peter Parker in his high school days and features some team ups with Ice Man and the Human Torch. This one in particular is dealing with a kidnapping and some body switching and is a good lead up for what is sure to be some cool events.

The Walking Dead #76
I cannot get enough of these. It has to be my favorite on going series right now; to the point that I open it up and start reading on my walk home. This issue is quite good in terms of dealing with the main character psychological situation. It however leads to a great cliff hanger to what will hopefully be some great character development next month.

Daytripper #9
I can't say much about this issue since I haven't read it yet. I really enjoy the series though. It follows an obituary writer depicting specific moments of his life. What makes it so interesting though is that at the end of each book, our main character dies in some form or another.

No comments: