Saturday, August 7, 2010

Loot of the Week

It's Sunday and as I wait for some Tales of Vesperia video walkthroughs to load and enjoy some great Tested.com video features I figured I should show what I picked up this week. There was a lot.

Chew trade 1 & 2
This is a series of comics by writer John Layman and artist Rob Guillory about Tony Chu, a cop, who has an unusual psychic power. He is a Cibopath, a person that gets visions when they eat food. With this power and the writers bizarre sense of humor, the comic is a great read. Can't recommend it enough and now is the time to get into it before filming begins on the television series.

Kick-Ass (Blu-ray)
If any of you follow my podcast (Top Down Perspective) then you know I'm a huge fan of this movie and that it came out this week on dvd/blu-ray. I picked it up on the first day and watched it twice since then. Still a great movie and I'm told that the fact Lionsgate did the disc is a good thing? Can't recommend this movie enough.

James and the Giant Peach (Blu-ray)
This was an old movie from the 90s that never got ported onto blu-ray over the past few years that this media format has taken off. I'll be honest, this was more of an impulse buy as my friend gave me a $10 off coupon and his excitement increased mine. Still haven't watched it yet but do enjoy the film.


Singularity (360)

The last this from this week was an Xbox 360 copy of Singularity. This came out a couple weeks ago but I was so busy with other games that I wasn't able to find time to grab it. I've already jumped into it and am enjoying it quite a bit. For a more detailed break down of the game, stay tuned for my podcast in the next few days.

No comments: