Saturday, March 7, 2009

First Impressions: Halo Wars


  • The limited edition box is very nice and it comes with a coaster!
  • The tutorial is good for people who have never played an RTS before.
  • Learning curve is quite high.
  • The story is pretty boring.
  • I wish I could break up my units. Though I haven't come across a point in the game where I needed to. I seem to be doing fine with just creating this huge army and walking around the place breaking stuff. This makes me think other RTSs actually require you to do real multitasking. It's like a management game that doesn't require management.
  • "All Units" is now cemented in my brain forever.
  • The pacing in this game is very weird. One moment I'll be sitting there waiting for a station to form up. The next I'll be constantly creating people and destroying stuff. It get's from boring to actually being interested. I could read a book in all the time I sat there wainting for units to spawn.
  • Each level seems to require some new style of game play element which is very nice.
  • All Units.
  • Who needs local units when you have All Units?!
  • All Units. All Units. All Units.

No comments: