Sunday, January 11, 2009

Games of the Year - Not Quite Best Part 2

So now that I am more awake and have found myself played enough Quantum of Solace for the time being - that and no one is available to play City Folk with me - I will now finish up my list of noteworthy games of 2008.


  • Animal Crossing City Folk: The odd thing about this is that is it exactly the same as the last two ACs. I even didn't finish up with Wild World because I found it so similar to the GC game. What makes it odd is that I love this game and have played it daily since I put the disk in after Christmas. It must be because I haven't played an Animal Crossing game for a while but something about it keeps me coming back. Now with some half decent online support, I can always do lots of stuff with my friends. Also, Wii Speak isn't as bad as you think it is, granted it's not great either.

  • No More Heroes: This is one of the top games the Wii currently has but for some reason I hardly played it. I think I beat the first two bosses then stop. I've always wanted to go back and play more of it. It's just such a good use of the Wii's motion controls without over doing it, it's also ridiculous so that's good.

  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World: It should be noted that I've only put about thirty minutes into this game. It's really only up here because it's the sequal to one of my most favorite RPGs ever. I also haven't come accross anything in the first thirty minutes that makes me dislike it.

  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise: I didn't play much of this because a few weeks before I had gotten it, I had just worked on getting every achievement in the first game. So I was pretty VPed out at the time. I've always been meaning to go back to it, but there's just something about it that causes it not to stand up to the first.

Turns out that is all that is left. I thought there would be more and of course there are other games I quite enjoyed, but they didn't really stand out.

Check back later for the top 10 worst games I played this year.

No comments: