Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gamerscore Update 27/07/08

Let's talk about what matters, let's talk about points. So this was another okay week for achievements and me. I got around 1200 or so since my last update here. I played some Crackdown, Viva Pinata, and a little Gears of War and Bionicle Heroes.

Crackdown really surprised me. It's an extremely sandbox game (like GTA for example) and I usually don't enjoy those to much. I even didn't find Bully all that much fun after the first chapter, but Crackdown surprised me because I really enjoyed it. I put it in and finished it two days later, twice. I went through it on single player and then on co op. I just found that even the annoying little stuff, like collecting orbs, had a fun element to it that I could see myself doing for a long time. The co op mode turned out really easy because me and my friend had our guys almost completely beefed up so we flew through the whole thing in 3-4 hours. Though the co op is incredibly broken and if it weren't so, we probably could have done it in about 2. Achievement wise I'd say its a good, some of them are really hard to get and require alot of time, but I ended 640 points or 34/50 of the achievements in only two days of play. Game wise it's also gonna be a good, the co op being broken just really annoyed me.

Next was Viva Pinata, I found it used at a local Blockbuster for $8 (later I found another local blockbuster was selling it new for $8, but whatever). I had already gone through quite a bit of this game getting about 500/600 points from it but I realised it's one of my favorite games on the 360 and I really should own it. Currently I have 960 points in it which is 48/50. I recommend it to everyone. Anyways, I ended up getting about 400 or 300 more in the last couple days because I decided I wanted to get them all. At this time I'm only missing 2 of the achievements, which are the having 100 000 coins at once and the 50 hours of play. I plan to finish these two in the next week. Achievement wise it's somewhere between a good and a meh, some of the achievements are real easy, such as name a pinata, while some of them are really hard/time consuming. Game wise it gets a great.

I only touched Bionicle Heroes for a few minutes this week since I loaned it to a friend, but I got probably another 80 in that. Bionicle heroes is way easy for points since each level you'll get at least 40 if you plan it out. And each level takes less than 10 minutes. So I'll be finishing that up this week. Achievement wise I give it a good, the achievements come in big quantities (20 each) while it only takes a couple hours to get around 800 of them. Game wise it's awful, but I got it for $5.

Gears of War I never really got into. I'm not to big into the shooter genre. So I played it for a few minutes this week. Got 2 achievements, finishing the tutorial level and playing an online ranked game. I'll probably go back and give it a second shot by playing through the first act. I doubt I'll be all into even after that though. No take on the achievements and game for this one since I didn't play enough so it wouldnt be fair.

- opening quote by Jeff Gerstmann

No comments: