Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There are no roads where we're going

So Criterion announced their prices for the Legendary Cars for Burnout Paradise. These will be the second installment of paid DLC (after the Party Pack). The cars included in this pack are K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazzard's General Lee, the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters and the Delorean from Back to the Future. Pretty good. The prices however are a bit much in my mind.

Three of them will be available for 160 MS points while the Delorean will run for 320. That's around $2 for the cheap and $4 for the last. I think this is a bit much for one car, granted the Delorean can hover. If you wish to buy them all as a pack, it will run you 600 points (~$8) which is a saving of about $2.

I am however, ok with them charging this but only because it's Burnout Paradise. Normally I would think these are too much but with all the free content coming out for this game, they need to start charging and soon. It was mind blowing how this game only run for $20 retail, they release several free updates -- significant updates -- and it's published by EA. Crazy!

I'm not sure yet if I will be downloading any of these, I think I might grab the Delorean due to my love for Back to the Future. Speaking of which, I need to find a copy of all those on DVD.

This also brings up this week's poll: Which of the BP (Burnout Paradise) legendary cars are you getting?

No comments: