Monday, August 4, 2008

Gamerscore Update 04/08/08

Points you say? I have points, in fact I have a good chunk of points. How many you say? 17 615! So I think that's another like 1200 or more maybe since last update. This week was good, played (and finished) Bionicle Heroes, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, Tenchu Z and the first bit of Kameo.

So no, I'm not getting into Bionicle again, I've talked about that game and played it more than anyone should have. I finished it, got 880 in it and will go back for another easy 20. Don't buy it.

Next.

Geometry Wars 2 came out this week, as some of you probably know, I stayed up for it. First time I've done that for an XBLA game, ended up grabbing it at about 2am my time. This game is way fun and I totally recommend it for anyone, I'll probably be writing up the review of it in a few minutes, or sometime tomorrow night. It's deffinitly worth the 800 points ($10 US) that you'd need to spend on it and if you bought the first one for half the price, your getting six times the content. Though no one on my friends list has it yet so the huge focus it has on leaders boards is so far wasted on me, which sucks. I have 130 of the 200 points in it, they're not as hard as the first games and I think they're spread nicely between the six modes it has. Achievement wise its ok and game wise it's great (but you'll hear more on this later in my review).

So ya I got Tenchu Z, it was $5 so shut up. This game is crazy broken but I did have some fun moments when going in for the super ninja kills or whatever they're called. You can get around two thirds the achievements just by going through career, that's what I did since getting the best rating on all 50 missions seems stupid to me. Getting a few wouldn't be too hard, I just don't want to play that game anymore. I have 590 points in it and am good with that. Achievement wise it's ok and game wise it's bad.

Kameo I can't talk about to much since I just started. I understand you can get a good chunk of the points by going through the game. The game I hear is less than ten hours long, so those two factors fit together nicely. Like I said, just started, so look for more on this in the next gamerscore update.

In my video blog thing, which needs a better name, or not - whatever, I said I might stop doing this and just talk about it on that instead. I think Ive decided that I will since for the games I just listed off in this one, I wanted to get into more detail on them and talk about them more. When filming myself, I can talk more so that seems to be a good idea. I also thought I would do the video blog maybe every thursday night or friday night, or both. I guess look forward to that?

No comments: