Thursday, April 17, 2008

It Speaks


So I finally decided that I would try out this 360voice.com thing that's been on the web for quite a while now. I choose to bring it up now, because like I said, I just set up an account. This wont be so much as a review of the service, and more of just my general take on it.

For you who don't know 360voice is a website that let's you "give your 360 it's own blog." This basically means that each day there will be a small post on your account's site about what you did the say before (strangely titled with the current day though). It will talk about thing like what games you played, how long you played or the achievements you gained while playing. It also has several add on services and goodies that you can get/partake in.

With the introduction now past, I'll get into what I like about it, and what I don't.

Positive Points:
  • Keeps track of your top 10 most played games.
  • Tells me how many achievements I just got and how many that adds to my total. Also tells me what I had and now have after that play session.
  • You can earn special 'badges' by completing specific things such as "Play for 10 days in a row."
  • They seem to enjoy having a lot of competitions to see who can earn the most points in a certain time, they also let you host your own competitions.
  • My 360's personality.
Negative Points:
  • It tells you what you did the day before, be titles the post as today's date making it seem like I did all that stuff today instead of yesterday.
  • If you make an account after you have played a game and gotten achievements in it, then load that game up, the site will announce that you got all those achievements at once. So let's say you gained 8 achievements in a game, then made your 360voice account, then put in that game. The site will say that you gained those 8 achievements today. Also, it doesn't say how many points this got you, it makes it seem like they were worth nothing.
  • For the top 10 games, it's the top 10 since you made your account. Which I really don't like since I'm sure Rock Band is one of my highest (especially since going through the endless setlist) and yet I have Turok as number one since that's all I've played since making my account on the weekend.
  • My 360's personality
So this site seems pretty cool, but the big thing you'll want to do it seems is make your account right when you get your 360, it's a little annoying having this after I've had my 360 for a few months but I'm sure some of the registering problems (ex: top 10 problem) will eventually smooth itself out after a while of playing more games. This service is free and I recommend making an account because it's always a cool thing see what your 360 has said about you.

No comments: