Saturday, May 9, 2009

First Impressions: 1 vs. 100 Beta

So the beta for 1 vs. 100 was released last night for Canada, a rare and great opportunity. I tried it out for the full 2 hours with some buds (party chat). Here is what I thought.
  • The live stuff isn't as good as you would have thought but still nice. It makes you feels like you're connected to people while still having your own game.
  • Being able to jump in a group with your friends is a good way to play against "only" each other.
  • No achievements in the beta but giving them away is a great idea.
  • Today on the dashboard it seems they have added some new type of beta version that is only 30 mins but different. Something where everyone is in "the mob." Sounds good.
  • Being able to jump in and out of the game is great in case you connection dies!
  • The dance feature is pretty lame.
  • The questions are great since they're generally pop-culture. So I can actually get a good portion of them correct as opposed to failing every one about Canadian history or whatever.
  • The level of difficulty on each question was pretty easy.
  • Some of the answers that were obviously wrong and only put in there as a joke were great. They even referenced the TV show Lost at one point!
  • I think this has the potential to be a huge thing and will really get Xbox Primetime going.
My overall verdict is I can't wait to play more and I have every session set up to send me a reminder and I will be trying to hit each one.

No comments: