Friday, April 10, 2009

First Impressions: Rhythm Heaven

I will most likely update this periodically as I play more over the weekend.
  • Very fun to play.
  • Very hard from the beginning on. You will be trying each stage several times. Even getting a pass can be hard let alone a Superb or Perfect score.
  • The Remixes at the end of each column are very cool. Having all the last stages you played through together is great.
  • The music is catchy.
  • You need to make sure you have a sense of rhythm.
  • The cafe offering tips and more ways to unlock new things is great.
  • I don't like how there's no way to jump out of one file back to the main menu. So let's say I was playing and someone else with a saved file on the card wanted to play. I have to turn the game on and off in order to open someone else's file.
  • There's no "Retry" or "Restart" button to hit during a game, which would have been nice. If you crapped up the beginning and want to start over, you have to wait till the end up the song or quit out and start it up again.
  • Getting Perfect is much harder than I thought.
  • Constant reminders that I'm very close to getting Perfect on something and that I should keep trying is killing me inside when I have to keep turning it down.

No comments: